Open Board Seat
At the April work session, we said thank you to board member David Steele for his time of service to Neosho School District. David is stepping down from the Board of Education due to time constraints. We wish him the best and will miss him!His absence means that a seat will be open for the NSD Board of Education. This will be a temporary seat that will go back on the ballot for election in April 2022. If you are interested in filling the seat, please submit a letter of interest to the NSD Board of Education by Thursday, April 22, 2021. The board will review the letters and make their selection for the seat with intentions to bring on the new board member in May.For questions or to submit a letter of interest, please contact board secretary Tonya Patterson at email@example.com. Letters can also be dropped off in person at the NSD Administrative Center, 418 Fairground Road, Neosho, MO 64850.---
Policy BBBA-1: BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
Status: ADOPTED Original Adopted Date: 07/16/2007 | Last Revised Date: 01/17/2018
All Board members should have an interest in the welfare and education opportunities of students, a desire to honestly represent the public and the commitment to be a good steward of taxpayer resources. All persons interested in serving on the Neosho School District Board of Education, whether elected or appointed, will meet all legal requirements for candidates in School Board elections, including the following:
1. Be citizens of the United States of America. Mo. Const. art. VII, § 8; § 162.291, RSMo.
2. Be resident taxpayers of the Neosho School District. A "taxpayer" is an individual who has paid taxes to the state or any subdivision thereof within the immediately preceding 12-month period, or the spouse of such individual. § 162.291, RSMo.
3. Have resided in Missouri for a minimum of one year immediately preceding their election or appointment. Mo. Const. art. VII, § 8; § 162.291, RSMo.
4. Be at least 24 years of age. § 162.291, RSMo.
5. Not be delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes or real property taxes on their place of residence. If an applicant is a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, that office cannot be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed the state. § 115.306, RSMo.
6. Have not been found guilty of nor pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the United States of America or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri. § 115.306, RSMo.
7. Not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender pursuant to § 162.014, RSMo.
8. Have filed, or the treasurer of an existing candidate committee has filed, all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which they were candidates. § 130.071, RSMo.
Oath of Office
Newly elected or appointed members of the Board officially qualify as Board members when they take the oath of office and sign the oath, as required by law.
* * * * * * *