Updates & Information for Class of 2020 Events
Tomorrow is the day, NHS Class of 2020!
Additional details and a map of the event has been attached.
July 17, 2020 | 5-9pm | Car Line Up begins at 4:45pm
-There will be a designated area in front of the stage for attendees to exit their vehicles and watch their graduate cross the stage.
-Graduates will pick up their actual diploma after exiting the stage.
-To keep the event moving, please have graduates as riders and not drivers.
-KNEO will be filming graduation. Tune in at 91.7FM or watch live at www.KNEO.org
-For safety, the graduates and board members will not be shaking hands but will pose on the stage with the diploma cover for a professional photo. If you would like the person handing out your graduate’s diploma cover to wear a mask, please have your senior mention that when they get out at the blue dot on the map.
We can't wait to celebrate the Class of 2020!
Senior Class Parents,
It's graduation week! You may have seen our team hard at work the past couple of days building the stage and making preparations in front of NHS for the big day - so exciting!
Here are a few important notes:
-Graduation is Friday from 5pm-9pm in front of the high school.
-If possible, please aim for an attendance of three vehicles per graduate. There will be designated area for vehicle attendees to able to get out to cheer, clap, and celebrate their graduate as they make their way across the stage.
-If possible, please have your graduate as a rider and not the driver. This will help keep the event moving smoothly.
Our event committee has a walkthrough scheduled for later this week. After the walkthrough, we will send out another notification with additional details and a map for the event - Be on the lookout for that email Thursday evening.
We can't wait to celebrate with you, NHS Class of 2020!
NHS Seniors & Senior Class Parents,
Here is the scoop on Project Gradation!
-Project Graduation is July 18, 2020 from 3:30-10pm
-Entry ticket to Project Graduation is your signed COVID-19 Waiver. It is attached to this email and has been sent to your school email. If you already attended prom and turned in your COVID waiver for that event, you do not need to turn another one in at PG.
-Seniors, please park in the parking lot behind the visitor bleachers. The latest you can arrive and still participate is 7:00pm. Meet in the high school parking lot and walk up with your class.
Check in: 3:30 - 5:30pm | Near Atrium Doors
Food Trucks: 4-7:00pm | Senior Parking Lot
Tattoo Artist: 4-7:00pm | Near Atrium
Pool: 7-10:00pm | We will walk up to the pool as a group. Bring a towel
Hotdogs & Chips
Questions about Project Graduation can be sent to Jill Keplar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good evening Wildcat Nation,
The past week has been filled with meetings and planning for a more traditional graduation that would have used the track to seat the graduates. With certain precautions in place, we had received approval from our school attorney and the Newton County Health Department. However, we just could not get completely comfortable with the idea of bringing together 1,000-2,000 people, or more, in light of the recent increase in confirmed Covid-19 cases in our area.
After a week of communication between the high school administration, central office administration, and the school board, the decision was made to continue with graduation activities as mentioned in our previous communication published on June 25, 2020. We are disappointed that we could not give our seniors a traditional graduation; however we also have a civic responsibility to our entire community. We regularly state that student safety is our number one priority and if we are true to that value, that means making choices accordingly, even when the decision is hard and won’t be popular.
Since the other senior events that are planned will not have the bulk attendance of guests, those events are currently still moving forward as scheduled. We know masks aren’t always comfortable or fashionable, but they are encouraged whenever possible. Please do not attend any events in person if you or your senior has been exposed to COVID-19, shown symptoms, or had a fever.
Senior Graduation Event
-Students will enter the north parking lot behind the west side of the bleachers of the football field. This will allow us to have a better flow for traffic. There will be volunteers to assist you with how the traffic flow will operate - please keep 2 cars per graduate if possible for guests.
-Students will be directed down the parking lot and asked to stop in front of the FEMA addition. At that point, students will continue walking and be escorted to the main stage area. Family and friends who are with the graduate will then exit their cars and be able to view their student walk across the stage and receive their diploma. HS Administration, CO Administration, and School Board will then greet and give the senior their Diploma cover and the graduate will take a professional photo with Sexton Media Group.
-After the graduate exits the stage, family and friends will have an opportunity for additional photos and the graduate will receive their actual diploma.
-Faculty and staff will be involved throughout this event to make this a positive and memorable experience for our seniors.
-KNEO has committed to be a part of the event and will have it live-streamed and on their radio station. The event will also be recorded and students will be able to purchase the DVD at a later date.
-Senior Award information will be streaming on outdoor projection equipment for family and friends to view.
We look forward to celebrating our seniors over the next two weekends!
Neosho Junior & Senior Prom
Date: July 10th, 2020 Time: 8:00 - 11:00 pm.
Location: Neosho Main St., located just off the Southeast corner of Downtown Square
- Only Juniors and Seniors from Neosho High School will be able to attend this event and tickets will not be required. A DJ will be set up for students to enjoy some time on the dance floor.
- Food trucks coming to Prom: Henderson Ice Cream and Bacon Me Crazy! Bring your appetite! Meal provided by NHS.
- Sexton Media Group will be set up to take pictures from 7:00 - 8:30. Photos can be ordered through Sexton Media Group. We must adhere to social distancing requirements outlined by State and Health Department standards.
NHS Painting the Hill
Date: July 11th, 2020 Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm Location: Senior Hill
Neosho High School is excited about providing an opportunity to continue the tradition of painting Senior Hill. We look forward to seeing our seniors participate in this event!
Important Information for graduates:
- All art work will be approved onsite. If artwork cannot be properly identified or is deemed inappropriate, it will not be approved. All artwork is subject to be painted over at a later date if it is inappropriate.
- Location of art work will come on a first come first serve basis. No more than 8 students will be assigned to one section.
- Neosho Lowe’s will have the paint for seniors to purchase at a discounted price - $13.00 a gallon.
Graduation (Drive-Thru Event)
Date: July 17th Time: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Location: Neosho High School
- Due to the current spikes in Covid cases in Newton County, specifically Neosho, we will be hosting a Senior Graduation Drive-Thru Event. KNEO will possibly be hosting a live stream over the radio and video the event so everyone can be a part of the celebration.
- Students will enter in the north entrance in front of the school. Students will provide their name and will then be released to drive up to the stage area. In front of the NHS Fema entrance will be a stage, backdrop, and school personnel to deliver each senior their high school diploma. At this time, family members in the car will be able to get out and take pictures of their graduate. Once the graduate receives their Diploma, Sexton Media Group will take their professional Senior Photo. Seniors and guests will then exit the event.
Project Graduation Fun Day
Date: July 18th Time: TBD Location: Neosho High School / Neosho City Pool
- Graduates will have the opportunity to win prizes, play outdoor games, and food will be provided for every NHS Senior who attends the event.
- Once the outdoor portion of the event is finished at NHS, students will then head up to