Destruction of Records
NOTIFICATION OF DESTRUCTION OF STUDENT
SPECIAL EDUCATION RECORDS
April 14, 2021
Dear Students and Parents of Students Who Have Received Special Education Services from Neosho School District:
In accordance with the state and federal regulations implementing the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), this is to inform you of our intent to destroy personally identifiable information related to special education services maintained in the school district’s special education records.
Your records will be destroyed if:
- You were born in 2000, received special education services during school, and have left high school
- You were born between 2001 and 2015, previously received special education services; however, have not received Special Education services from Neosho School District for 3 years or more.
If you wish to maintain a copy of this information for your personal records, you need to notify us upon receipt of this notice; otherwise, the information will be destroyed on June 14, 2021. You may contact the Special Education office at the number listed below for more information.
Records to be destroyed are as follows:
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- Evaluation Reports
- Test Protocols (Available for inspection only; no copy will be provided)
- Notifications of Meetings
- Notices of Action
- Review of Existing Data Summaries
- All other personally identifiable information within the Special Education file*
Please be advised that the records may be needed by the student or the parent(s) for social security benefits or other purposes.
Neosho Special Services
For questions, please contact 417.451.8682