Welcome to PAT!
Parents as Teachers is an evidence based home visiting program that focuses on enhancing child development and the importance of parent-child interaction. The time between birth and kindergarten is an important time in the areas of language, intellectual, social-emotional and motor development. We believe YOU are your child’s first and most influential teacher, and we are here to support you in this endeavor. When your child enters kindergarten, Parents as Teachers helps to ensure he/she is ready to learn! All services are provided at no cost.
For questions or to enroll in Parents as Teachers, call our office at 451-8632.
Vision: All children will learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential.
Mission: To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
The work of Parents as Teachers is grounded in these basic beliefs:
- Parents are their children’s first and most influential teachers.
- The early years of a child’s life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and life.
- Established and emerging research should be the foundation of parent education and family support curricula, training, materials and services.
- All young children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of any demographic, geographic, or economic considerations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures is essential in serving families.